Target group: Public and private organisations from all sectors
Initiator(s): SPW Wallonie, The Shift, UWE, SRIW Group, Sowalfin, UCM
Sustainable Development Goal(s): 11. Sustainable cities and communities12. Responsible consumption and production13. Climate action17. Partnerships for the goals
Priorities for change: Circular Economy
This Green Deal aims to mobilise private and public organisations from all walks of life to promote the transition to a circular economy in Wallonia. The Shift wants to facilitate the transition to a circular economy and play an active role in it.
- Contribute to Wallonia's transition to a circular economy
- Strengthen your position in the market
- Join discussions with Wallonia's authorities on how to eliminate obstacles to the transition
- Improve your image
This Green Deal wants to mobilise private and public organisations from all sectors to help speed up Wallonia's transition to a circular economy.
The Shift wants to ease the region's transition to a circular economy and play an active part in it. In that sense, this Green Deal Circular Procurement is a perfect match for our mission.
Together, participants in the Green Deal will form a unique learning network. The Deal will also allow you to:
- strengthen your position in the market, thanks to efficient management of resources and energy;
- improve your image by attending the official signing ceremony and being featured in articles and updates on the Wallonian Green Deal's website;
- join discussions with Wallonia's authorities, to analyse and eventually eliminate obstacles to the transition that the community has identified;
- contribute to Wallonia's transition to a circular economy.
All signatories commit to executing two pilot projects over the course of the Green Deal Circular Procurement, focusing on purchasing or support. Every signatory (whether purchasing or supporting actor) has the freedom to decide for themselves which specific projects they wish to undertake.
The increased demand for circular products, services and buildings will help stimulate this market and the development of new circular solutions.
Would you like to know more about upcoming activities and the 2021 agenda?